Sunday, September 1, 2013

New beginnings, long over due

Today is the official kick-off of my nail art blog!

I have been meaning to get a blog started for forever -- years even! I didn't want to put anything up until I had everything perfect. Well, if I try to make everything perfect, I'll never post anything... So I'm going to make do with my crappy camera phone pictures until all my old stuff gets posted (maybe I should just do a gallery??). I have a ton of old art to show!

And (baring with me as I fumble through figuring out formatting, etc.) the coming months will (hopefully!) be chalk full of new stuff and awesome pictures!

On to the nails!

Since today is Sunday, and the final season of Breaking Bad is airing (and because I freaking love this show!!), I thought I'd share the nails I did for the season premiere:

Right hand: Jesse Pinkman's favorite expletive (pinky), 'blood money' (ring), Gus Fring with half a face (middle), Heisenberg sketch (pointer), and Walter White in his hazmat suit (thumb).
Left hand: Bromine element (thumb), Barium element (pointer), burned bear floating in a swimming pool (middle), 'Blue Sky' (ring), D.E.A. badge (pinky).

Both hands took an exceptionally long time -- I'm too embarrassed to even say it! Let's just say...more than an hour and less than a day. Yup, just about there ;p

I am really happy with these. I got most of the ideas I had down, and down well  (I think). Though Fring's face and the D.E.A. badge did have some unfortunate smooshing accidents when I applied some lotion after I finished...sigh. The others still look good though!

These pictures don't capture all of the details...You can barely see the gold stamping on my right ring finger! Oi. Next time!!

Hopefully this is a good enough beginning!

Here's to more posts soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment